Upwey Acupuncture is open.
Book an appointment and we will contact you for pre-screening, or call us on 0475866754.
All treatments are provided in line with COVID-Safe Planning. Appointments are spaced out to avoid the risk that you will come into contact with anyone other than your practitioner. You will be asked COVID screening questions prior to attending the clinic.
If you prefer not to attend the clinic, telehealth appointments are also available.
Your practitioner at Upwey Acupuncture is Amanda Cox-Edwards. She is locally born and internationally trained.
- 17+ years of clinical experience as an acupuncturist and herbal medicine practitioner
- 6+ years of clinical training in acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, and Chinese massage
- Ongoing education in the latest techniques and advances in Chinese medicine every year
- Registered Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) and AACMA (Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Association)
- Overseas Member of the BAcC (British Acupuncture Council)
- Former lecturer and clinic manager at the London College of Traditional Acupuncture
Amanda strives to stay up to date with the latest medical and herbal advancements to keep the ancient system of acupuncture and Chinese medicine relevant to modern world issues.
One-on-one acupuncture treatment
Upwey Acupuncture is a private and serene clinic. In contrast to many other acupuncture clinics where acupuncturists will treat more than one patient at a time across multiple rooms, I treat one person at a time. This means that you will receive the full benefit of my undivided attention during your session, and are unlikely to see anyone else in the waiting or arrival areas.
When I created Upwey Acupuncture I wanted to design a private, tranquil space where people can be pampered and relax while receiving their treatment. From the stroll up through the native fauna, to the serene waiting area, leave your stresses behind and enjoy some ‘me time’. You can admire the living wall and listen to birdsong during your session. The space has actually been referred to as “being in the womb” by some of my lovely patients.
Treatment plans will be tailored to your unique constitution and issue, and may include acupuncture, herbal medicine, massage, cupping, moxabustion, heat therapy, guasha, auricular acupuncture, lifestyle advice, dietary advice, or acupressure.
Understanding how nature can heal has helped me create this soothing treatment space, where I draw from my experience, training and intuition, to help with many issues.